Soft Feel Matt Top Coat Varnish / Resin (Soft / Silk/ Velvet Feel Coating)
Sri Resin S-9090 is a waterborne urethane dispersion offering a unique “Silky /Soft/ Velvet feel” and also a very low gloss. Sri Resin S-9090 can be used to formulate coatings with good chemical resistance when cross-linked with polyfunctional aziridine or water dispersible polyisocyanate crosslinker. Sri Resin S-9090 is very effective as a gloss reducer modifying resin in medium to high gloss coatings formulations.
- Unique “Silky /Soft/ Velvet feel” Properties
- Very Low Gloss = 1.5 to 4 @ 60°
- Alcohol and common house hold Chemical & Solvent Resistance
- Film Former
Graphic Arts: Paper and Film coatings
- As an Over Print Varnish (OPV) gives a nice soft/ silky feel, low gloss on the substrate
- Can be effectively used in Flexographic printing or Gravure Printing
- Can be mixed with water based inks to give low gloss soft/silky feel effect
- Crosslinking with polyfunctional aziridine cross linker or water dispersible polyisocyanate crosslinker gives exceptional common house hold chemical and abrasion resistance properties along with soft feel.
Automotive and General Plastic Coatings
Has Silky/Soft feel with required chemical and abrasion resistance properties when crosslinked with polyfunctional aziridine cross linker or water dispersible polyisocyanate crosslinker
- Aliphatic Polyurethane Dispersion
- Appearance = Milky white liquid
- Solids, by weight = 30 to 32.0%
- pH (@25°C) = 7.5 to 8.5
- Viscosity, Brookfield, CPS@ 25°C = Maxium 1500 cps
- Shelf life 1 year
Coalescing SolventsAlthough Sri Resin S-9090 is a film former on most substrates, if few cracks observed the following co-solvents can be used to form good continues film. Also these co-solvents are compatible if viscosity changes are required.
- Dipropylene Glycol n-Butyl Ether (DPnB)
- Dipropylene Glycol Methyl Ether (DPM)
- Butyl Cellosolve (EB)
- Butyl Carbitol (DB)
- Propylene Glycol
- PM Acetate
Defoamers, Wetting and flow aids
To reduce processing foam the common defoamers like BYK 024 or BYK 025 can be used.
The wetting and flow aids like BYK 346 or BYK 348 will help in wetting and flowing.
If the viscosity needs to be increased Urethane Associative Thickeners or other Non-Ionic Thickeners can be used.
Water based pigment dispersions like white, black or yellow oxide or other pigments can be added to get desired color.
For crosslinking 2 to 3% of polyfunctional aziridine crosslinkers like Sri Resin CL-1A or other equivalents can be used.
Sri Resin S-9090 will show some separation on standing and should always be mixed before use.
Note: Sri Resin S-9090 is available in co-solvent free versions also.