Sri Resin UA-WF-1 Aliphatic Urethane Varnish / Resin for Wood substrates
Sri Resin UA-WF-1 is a one component, room temperature self-crosslinking water based aliphatic urethane dispersion synthesized for outdoor and indoor wood floor and other coating applications. Due to the aliphatic backbone the resin has very good outdoor weathering resistance. Wood substrates finished with Sri Resins UA-WF-1 has clear natural wood look, high gloss with excellent scuff and scratch resistance. Sri Resin UA-WF-1 can be applied as is and does not require any additional hardener or crosslinker to achieve long lasting scuff resistance.
Typical Wet Properties
- Aliphatic Polyurethane Dispersion
- Appearance = Clear/ translucent/ amber liquid
- Percent Solids, by weight = 30 %
- pH (at 25⁰C) = 7.0 to 9.0
- Viscosity Brookfield, cps @ 25°C = less than 500 cps
- Weight kg/l, 25°C = 1.04 (±0.03) kg/liter
- Low VOC’s
- NMP and NPEO free
- Shelf life = 12 months
Key Benefits/ Dry Film Properties
- Sri Resin UA-WF-1 can be used as a protective coating for wood flooring.
- Has excellent wood wetting and enhances wood look
- Self-crosslinking: Can be applied without need of any hardener
- Fast dry time
- Excellent sandability
- Early water resistance
- High gloss and clarity
Sri Resin UA-WF-1 can be applied directly on clean bare wood floor. It has very good wood wettability. If some cracking is noticed on substrate coated with Sri Resin UA-WF-1 the resin can be formulated to form continues film by adding small amount of coalescing solvents like DPM, DPnB or Butyl cellulose.
Sri Resin UA-WF-1 forms a high glossy film. If semi-gloss or matt is required Sri Resin UA-WF-1 can be easily formulated by adding matting agents like Evonik Acematt Fumed Silica or other matting agents.
- Coverage* : 10 to 15 sq.mt / liter
- Drying Time** : Dry to touch ~ 30 minutes, Tack free time/ through dry ~ 2 hours
- Recoat Time: 2 to 4 hours is recommended in between coats for quickest development of final film properties. Sri Resin UA-WF-1 can be recoated in less time, but it will take little longer time for final film properties like water and scuff resistance to develop.
* Actual coverage may vary from the quoted coverage due to factors such as wood type, roughness and method/ condition of application.
** Drying time based on 25 ⁰C and 50% RH
Resistance Properties : Three coats of Sri Resin UA-WF-1 applied by brush on Teak wood. Tested after air dried for 7 days.
Note : Our internal test shows it only takes 3 to 4 days to get final film properties but recommended to wait for 7 days or more before final use.
|House Hold Chemicals||1 hour closed spot test|
|Alcohol Resistance||4 – 5|
|Colin type cleaner||5|
Rating: 1 = Failure, 5 = No Effect / Best
Mar/ Nail scuff Resistance : Very good Mar / Nail scratch resistance is observed on coated wood after air drying for 7 days.
Handling and Shelf life : 12 months from date of manufacture in original closed containers. If over exposed to air, darkening of resin color will be noticed inside containers, but this will not have any adverse effects on film properties.
Note: Crosslinking with 1% of Sri Resin CL-1A (polyfunctional aziridine) will enable improvement in properties suitable for horizontal/floor applications