Sri Resin U-7000 is an aliphatic urethane dispersion synthesized for various applications where hardness along with flexibility is required. When applied this product provides excellent abrasion, water, UV resistance to a variety of substrates like wood, metal and plastics.
Typical Wet Properties :
- Aliphatic Polyurethane Dispersion
- Appearance =Almost clear liquid
- Percent Solids, by weight = 32 to 35%
- pH (@25°C) = 7.5 to 8.5
- Viscosity Brookfield, cps @ 25°C = less than 500 cps
- Weight kg/l, 25°C = 1.06 kg/liter
- Specific gravity of solids, 25°C = 1.06
- Shelf life 9 to 12 months
- Has triethyl amine as a neutralizing agent
- Contains N-Methylpyrrolidone as volatile solvent
Key Benefits/ Dry Film Properties
- Sri Resin U-7000 can be used as a protective coating for wood, plastic and metal substrates
- Has 250 to 270 % elongation and also has very high hardness
- Has good adhesion to various metal and plastic substrates including PVC and polycarbonate
- The resin can be applied by brush, roller or spayed. The resin can also be used in Gravure and screen printing inks
- The resin can be applied as wood floor varnish giving clear, high gloss hard coating.
Defoamers, Wetting and flow aids :
If needed to reduce processing foam the common defoamers like BYK 024 or BYK 025 can be used. Sri Resin U-7000 has excellent wetting but if needed wetting and flow aids like BYK 346 or BYK 348 will help in wetting and flowing.
Crosslinkers : Excellent chemical resistance can be obtained by using 1 to 3% of crosslinkers like water dispersible isocyanates (Bayhydur 302) or water dispersible polyfunctional aziridines.