PUDs for Water Based Ink formulations:
Water Based Inks
Sri Resin I-1002 Water based Polyurethane Resin
Sri Resin I-1002 is an aliphatic anionic urethane dispersion synthesized as a binder for anionic and non-ionic ink applications. The inks formulated with this resin provides excellent adhesion to a variety of substrates like OPP, PET, PVC, Poly carbonate, metals, plastic, paper etc.
Typical Wet Properties
- Aliphatic Polyurethane Dispersion
- Appearance = Clear bluish liquid
- Percent Solids, by weight = 27 to 29.0 %
- pH (@25°C) = 7.0 to 9.5
- Viscosity Brookfield, cps @ 25°C = 5 to 250 cps
- Specific gravity of solids, 25°C = 1.05 (±0.03)
- Shelf life 12 months
Key Benefits/ Properties :
- Sri Resin I-1002 can be used as a binder for anionic and non-ionic ink applications.
- Has excellent adhesion to various substrates like OPP, PET, PVC, Poly carbonate, metals, plastic, paper etc
This Resin is recommended to be used in a let-down stage after the grinding media is prepared.
Diluting : Sri Resin I-1002 can be diluted with water.
Ink types : Various non-ionic and anionic water based pigments/colorants can be used.